About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Maree Clarkson! I’m passionate about sketching and painting, chickens, animals, birds, nature, Moleskine note books, the beach, crystals, succulents, useless information, technology, blogging, my MAC, my Land Rover, positivity, gardening and discovering anything new in life! Living in Africa is something very special and I am constantly delighted, amused and amazed by the things I see, do and experience. Join me in some of these experiences. I am a Watercolour artist and Watercolours are my preferred medium. For me, the unpredictability and uncontrollable nature of watercolour makes it the most exciting and expressive medium of all. Having a certain picture in your mind and then seeing something slightly different, yet wonderful, come to life, is a thrilling experience! With watercolours, no two artists can produce the same result, the paint will just not allow you! Click on 'View my complete profile' to see a list of all my blogs.

Sunday 18 September 2016

Echeveria seedlings

Black ink sketch of Echeveria seedlings on note paper 

How does Mother Nature do it?! Succulents make me so happy! They don't ask for much, they just do their own thing and reward one with display after display of beautiful flowers. And mostly they are so easy to grow, like this Echeveria imbricata. Just take a few leaves, stick them in some soil and voila! in no time you have a few new friends.